Level Generator Toolkit
The Level Generator Toolkit comprises of a bucket of functions (currently 42, including a few diagnostic functions) which can be used to create all kinds of procedurally-generated environments. The Toolkit is designed to help developers understand the contextual potential of all sorts of different algorithms and processes.
- Full documentation is provided in the test environment above - simple click the 'Help!' button to toggle a dialog.
- If you want to see what the Toolkit is capable of, simply select an example from the drop-down list.
If you want to know more, request a feature, or report a bug, you can contact me:
- Twitter: @chilly_durango
- Email: alex [dot] jordan [dot] cook [at] gmail [dot] com
- itch: Through the Discussion Board below
CONSTRUCT 2 CAPX AVAILABLE
The Toolkit is written entirely in Construct 2, without the use of any plugins. In order to use the Toolkit, all you need is an Array and the Function object included in your project. You can then either copy individual functions into your project as required and begin implementing them, or simply include the entire project as an Event Sheet Include.
The functions are written to be:
- Portable - They can easily be transported from project to project with very little interference
- Isolated - They require nothing but a few objects to run, and can take as little or as much input as the developer requires
- Flexible - Most functions provide many different potential uses, each of which can be tweaked with just a few parameters
- Fast - Each function has been through many stages of optimisation, and many different algorithms have been tested for each purpose
- Reliable - The included pseudo-random number generator ensures results can be reliably repeated again and again, and each algorithm is crafted to ensure nothing is truly left to chance
The toolkit is no longer under development, but it is still supported by the developer where possible. For more information about using the CapX in your projects, see this devlog.
In order to download this tool you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.99 USD. You will get access to the following files: